Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Top Five Songs Part 3: Love Songs

Ok, I'm going admit something right now, just to get it out there.  I like love songs.  There, I said it.  I always had a soft spot in my heart for love songs.  As pessimistic as I am, it's true.  I think it's because deep down I want someone to love, and to love me in return.  Who doesn't want someone they can call theirs?  Though I must admit the potion of love has often been a poison to me, but thankfully that has changed.  Obviously these kinds of feelings have a powerful effect on me, and they have been responsible for a lot of my work.  Most of it will never be seen, but there is one example of it in my first anthology book, but I do put my own dark spin on it.  Shall we dive into the mush, make sure you have wading boots.

#5 We Danced by Brad Paisley.  I love this song.  The way it begins sounds like something that can be so real that it just makes sense.  It's probably the one reason why I love it, because it is believable.  There's nothing like just holding your loved one close and just getting lost in the music and this is the perfect song for it.

#4 Please Remember by Leann Rimes This song is a great way to make your heart to sit up and take notice.  You can almost say to yourself "Hey stupid, look at what you had!"  Whether your relationship ended badly or simply because of reasons nether of you can control this song is a great way to look back and grab those memories.  Even of you are married, it can still make you think about what you have and be thankful for it all over again.  In that regard it can save you from a fate of having this song apply to you.

#3 Little Moments by Brad Paisley  I really tried to avoid putting one artist on the same list more than once, but I can't help it.  This song is exactly what it means to love someone.  The little moments.  The big moments are important, but let's face it the little ones are way more common, and whether they are good or bad they define your relationship.  This song is a great way to see those little moments often all in a great light and it drives home the point that they make the best memories.

#2 Faithfully by Journey  OK this song really does apply to me.  I'm not a musician on the road or anything like that, but I do work a lot, and I'm not as home as much as I'd like.  Despite that no one has ever turned my head, or even made me consider leaving.  This song is almost like a trophy to me.  I can honestly say I have always been faithful and I really believe without a doubt I always will be.  What can be better for love than that?

#1 Tangled Up In You by Staind  I know I'm beating the Staind horse (wow that could be taken out of context to easily) to death, but for some reason this band puts out songs that match my thoughts so close it's almost creepy.  This song could not sum up my relationship any more.  Just listen to it and you will understand.

That's not the end of the mush.  If I wanted I could probably make up a top fifty list, but I'm not going to do that, I think you would hate me by the end.  The mush does help me though.  When I listen to these songs I can lift my mind to an almost utopia, though I still tend to see the shadows lurking in the corners.  I can forget about all the B.S. in my life and focus on why I put up with all the B.S..
Next up, pop, don't groan there will be no LMFAO or Ke$ha on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment